Sunday, September 10, 2017 10 am to 4 pm
Bartram’s Garden 54th St & Lindbergh Blvd., Philadelphia, PA 19143
10 am – 4 pm Ongoing Activities
- Children’s Carnival – Make your own costume for the bee parade!
- Bartram’s Fall Plant Sale – Pollinator-friendly options
- Vendors Marketplace: Visit with local vendors and organizations selling honey based products, natural products and providing demonstrations including information about home beer brewing and mead making. See our Complete List.
- Bartram’s Gift Shop & Tours – Welcome Center
- Famous Philly Food Trucks on Site: Farm Truck Philly, Little Baby’s Ice Cream, Tot Cart, and Lil Pop Shop
- Parks on Tap – Joins us at the Honey Festival!
10:30 am Open Hive Talk – Take a peek inside a REAL LIVE hive!
11:00 am – Native Pollinator Tour #1 – Take a Tour of the grounds with an expert from the Philadelphia Insectarium and Butterfly Pavillion
11:00 am – 3:00 pm – Boating on the Schuylkill River – It’s FREE!
11:00 am – Story Hour –
11:30 am – Honey Extraction Demonstration Learn how honey makes it from the hive and the honeycomb into a jar!
11:30 am – Children’s Bee Parade #1
12:00 pm – Open Hive Talk – What’s going on in there?
12:00 pm – 4:00 pm – Parks on Tap Wonderful Adult Beverages
12:00 pm – 4:00 pm – House And Garden Tours Available Tickets can be purchased in the Welcome Center
12:30 pm – Story Hour –
1:00 pm – Speaker: Sam Torres Sam Torres from KeyStone Colonies and beekeeper at Glen Foerd will present a talk entitled: So You Want to Be a Beekeeper? Join Sam and learn more about keeping bees.
1:00 pm – Musical Performance – by Evan Corey Levin
2:00 pm – Children’s Bee Parade #2
2:00 pm – Native Pollinator Tour #2 – Take a Tour of the grounds with an expert from the Philadelphia Insectarium and Butterfly Pavillion
2:00 pm – Musical Performance – by Evan Corey Levin
2:30 pm – Honey Extraction Demonstration Learn how honey makes it from the hive and the honeycomb into a jar!
3:00 pm – Bee Beard! Don Shump, Owner of the Philadelphia Bee Company will create a beard of bees on his face.
3:30 pm – Open Hive Talk – Your last chance to see inside a real bee hive!
Venue Coordinator: Leslie Gale firstname.lastname@example.org 215-729-5281